Portable Python for Windows
This has come in handy for situations where I’ve been unable to install software, but could execute portable software.
You now have a portable Python interpreter for Windows.
- Download the latest Python Windows Embedded from Python.org.
- Extract the ZIP file someplace.
- Verify the target system has the latest VC++ Redistributable from Microsoft. Install if needed.
- Download get-pip.py from Pypa.io.
#import site from python37._pth
- Add Python to the PATH as desired.
Installing Packages with portable pip
Assuming you are in the root directory you extracted Python to: